Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Josh is 6 Months Old!!

Josh celebrated his 6 month birthday with a new treat... puffs. I am not sure he really liked them, but he definitely enjoyed trying to get them into his mouth. Jim's parents were in town this weekend and Grandma Cindy stayed this week as Jim is in England. She has been doing a fantastic job of taking pictures and not too mention helping out with the late night feedings and occasional play time!

He is doing very very well on formula and continues to be significantly happier. He has had plums, sweet potatoes, squash, and prunes. Tonight we attempted to give him cereal again but this time I mixed in some pears. He took a few bites and even smiled! So I feel like that is an improvement!

And he has tried out the sippy cup! He really likes it, but don't even attempt to help him, he gets really mad at you!

He is sitting all by himself now, can reach for a toy and then sit back up. He has got the cutest giggle and finds me extremely hilarious. I take that as a compliment. He is noticing his room now and it is almost like he finally gets what things are. It is a snoopy theme and tonight he saw the little bird on the blanket and got this huge grin on his face as he lunged toward it. Babbling all the way. Later he randomly started giggling at something on the dresser. I decided to bring him over there to figure out what it was and he didn't hesitate to reach for the Ireland bear. I brought it over and sat back down on the recliner... He was seriously talking to the bear like they have been friends for a long time. Kinda makes me think Toy Story might be real! :)

We started just giving him a shower when we are getting ready in the mornings and found he really likes it. He still likes baths because of the splashing and toys, but it is nice to know he can take a shower so traveling will be easier.

What else...

Still hates to be on his tummy - again I don't think he will be a crawler. Still loves his jumparoo - one day i will figure out how to get the video off of the camcorder and onto this website for you to see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update while I am away... see you in 36 hours...till then cheers mates

Anonymous said...

Ohhh he sounds like he is soo much fun right now! I can't wait to see him over Thanksgiving to hear his little giggle. Love his amazed face at Jim's alcoholic beverage:) Love, Shannon

Em V said...

He is amazed at Jimbo's beer! Love it.

Kara said...

Look at him....already drining out of a sippy cup!!!! He is getting to be so big :)

Also, I would love to get together over Christmas. Send me an e-mail and let me know where you will be. We'll be at my parents.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Josh is almost 7 months old. I think we all need a little update! Thanks again for helping me register last weekend!!! Sarah