Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 17, 2008

He did it!

2 things.

First - Josh was very very upset today when he came home from school. Jim and I spent about 15 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. He was just plain old sad. He kept pointing to the basement door and saying, "football". We kept trying to tell him that football wasn't on right now. At somepoint one of us mentioned Steve and Josh loudly said, "Yes". So Jim said Steve again and Josh said Yes and started bouncing in Jim's arms. So Jim went downstairs with him to show him that Shannon and Steve already left. Oh the crocodile tears started flowing! How cute to know he misses them!

Second - Josh again tried the potty. But this time he did go #2 and giggle the entire time. We spent about 3 minutes playing catch while he sat there. Finally I asked if he was done. We cleaned him up and started to head downstairs when he started pointing back up at the bathroom. So I brought him back up there and asked if he wanted to sit on it again. I figured it was now a "game". I got him back up there and sat on the side of the tub ready to play some more catch. Then I heard the sound of #1!!! I seriously screamed like I had won a million dollars. He was giggling the whole time. It has to be the bigger kids in the class using the potty. CRAZY!!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Yay for Josh going on the potty. Brynley went #2 on the potty and has been going #1 almost everyday. It isn't consistent, but we are working with her because she is showing interest. Makena isn't quite there yet. She'll sit and sit and nothing. I am hoping to have Brynley trained more during Thanksgiving with big girl pants by X-Mas.....we'll see.

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to hear that Josh is starting to understand who we are and that he actually misses us! So adorable. I am also so proud of him for going on the big boy potty. He is growing up so quick!

Love you and miss you!
Shannon