Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

We invited friends over again for New Year's eve and weren't quite sure how it was going to turn out. It was a long day getting ready for the party and just being back home. Thankfully Jim and I both had the day off of work.

Several friends came, some single, some with kids. All the kids played so well together and it was fun to have all of us sit around and still have a conversation while they were tearing into all the toys. Almost all of the kids crashed for the night around 9pm which allowed the parents to have some fun. We ditched the Elmo video for the New York Countdown and enjoyed some adult beverages.

Well my dear friend Kelly was on a mission to make sure we were up until there was no more fun to be had. So I was up until 3:30 am playing beer pong... and of course tippy cup. At this point, there were only 6 of us left standing... and we were still going strong. About 3:45am... the party was over because we didn't have a beer left in the house. I went up and made some corn dogs and then we all crashed. Until 7am when Maverick and Josh were up. Josh was SO excited to see Maverick come downstairs... his first sleepover! haha! I realize why parents have them... kids are so content with friends over!

It was a good night... and I felt like I can still hang... ha ha. I have learned to stay away from Champagne!

New Year's day was wonderfully lazy. Even Josh was lazy. It was PERFECT!

No comments: