Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

MEXICO!!

Crazy last few weeks. Josh ended up having an ear infection because the tube got plugged :( but definitely was on the mend by Friday. Just in time for G'ma and G'pa to come and stay for the week. They arrived late Friday night and were bombarded by a 3-ring binder of information including but not limited to Emergency numbers to Dr's, Pharmacy, friends, where we were staying, and directions to just about every place in our area (google instructions plus map). Seriously, how did our parents ever get buy without the internet! ha ha!

We woke up early Saturday morning to have breakfast and get on the road. Jim and I were driving to my sisters place in MN... her inlaws were going to drop us off at the airport. The drive to MN was ridiculously quiet... Jim and I jokingly recited a few of Josh's favorite movies that we have memorized from our long drives.

We met my parents and two brothers at the airport and started the vacation right away with a round of drinks. We arrived in Cancun, got through customs, and in the van to the Moon Palace. Dinner, drinks, and the disco tech completed our first night in Cancun. The next few days we relaxed near the pool with lots of fruity drinks, played water v-ball, some tennis, and did I mention relax?

Tuesday we went to the zipline park... and I chickened out along with my mom. My dad had an ear infection which disqualified him from ziplinging as it is spelled out in the waiver.... ha ha. So my brothers, Steve, and Jimbo all went bravely. I was bummed I didn't do it after I saw them do the first zipline. Ah well, maybe next time. The boys went golfing on Wednesday while us gals went to the spa for a massage. It was of course fantastic. Thursday we went to Wet'n'Wild and had a lot of fun on the "toilet bowl". That isn't what it is really called, but that is what we thought of it. The ride back was hysterical, full of entertainment by beetlejuice, the mask, zoro, superman, captain jack sparrow. Who knew they were all in Cancun and on the ferry boat with us. It was very comical... that is forsure!

The brazillian steak house was also a good laugh... the meat was hit or miss. My mom, sister, Dad, and bro Jack sat on one side, which allowed them to see our reactions to the food before they were served... let's just say that my mom didn't eat much after the appetizers were served. The frozen beef roast and the sausage (meow/woof)... the highlights.

We returned home Sunday morning really really early (12:30am) and Jim and I spent the night at Shannon/Steves. We got up early, made a stop at Joe's new house which is so so nice, and then got back on the road to WI. We couldn't wait to see Josh. And he was very excited to see us.

Josh's week was quite eventful with a trip to the doctor first thing Monday for pink eye! Then lots of playtime with g'ma and g'pa. He loves cheeseburgers apparently now! :)

A great time for all of us! Now back to reality!

Cancun Pictures

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sooo jealous!! I want to go to Mexico... or anywhere sunny and warm would work :) Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Kara said...

I am jealous too!! Looks like you had an awesome time. You look amazing!!!