Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kick-off to 2009 Track Season

So the official 2009 Track season has started. We signed up for a 5K race this past weekend and had an unbelievably beautiful day. I think it was up to 70 degrees already by noon. This year proved that we are somewhat veterans to the race circuit. We packed significantly lighter for this race than any in the past. Ditching the warm-ups as soon as we left the car, only bringing the wipes and a single diaper for emergency, one juice cup, one snack cup, and we were set.

We are still working on our bathroom mojo before the race. We inevitably need to wait way too long for a port-a-potty... Mandy had both Eric and Willa with her whom needed to use the facilities... they made it... but I witnessed first hand how much more difficult this summer will be once Josh is potty trained. That is okay... we'll manage.

The race went well. The boys pushed the kids this time for the entire race. We all ran at the pace that was good for us. It wasn't too packed and the course was very flat... making it fast and a nice way to start the track season. :)

Bobby and Jim have officially called it the 2009 Track Season. They think it is funny that Mandy and I have already picked out which races we are going to sign-up for the remainder of the summer. Our goal is to do one half marathon... so now it is time to pick the race... Can't wait!

The kids of course had a great time during and after the race with all the snacks and food. They love getting all the fresh fruit after the race and I am convinced they think it is just for them! Eric is able to run in the kids races... Willa and Josh will have to wait one more year.

1 comment:

AJ said...

I'm so jealous! I started running 5Ks last year and I loved it. This year, being pregnant, I don't think I'll be doing any. I know lots of women run when they're pregnant, but I haven't kept up with it so far, and I'm already in the 5th month, so I'm not sure I can start now, we'll see. My mom and sister are still doing all the races we did last year, and I'm way jealous.

Congrats on the first race, and a half marathon is a great goal. That's my goal next year before I hit 30!