Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 18, 2006

We're Expecting!

I woke up at 4 am Monday morning after having 3 distinct dreams about me being pregnant. I started thinking about it more and more and convinced myself that I need to take a test. Being that it was 4:30 am I decided to put on my mill uniform so that Jim didn't suspect anything... when I go to the mill I usually leave around 5:30 am. So I go to Walmart and spend about 20 minutes reading up on all the tests... then another 30 minutes wondering if I should buy booties or something to surprise Jim if I am pregnant... I decided that might jinx it and opted for just the test.
I pulled into the driveway to find Jim on the front step half asleep and Hilo in the yard. I had to think of something quick as to why I was home and so I blurted out, "I forgot my pager and don't have to be in until 7am." So Jim, believing every word, said "great you can feed the dog while I go get ready for work". I grabbed the test and went inside. After reading the directions I decided that I would take the test and then feed the dog, let him back out, and then see the results so I would have to just sit and stare at it... but after taking the test is was screaming, "PREGNANT" before I even got a chance to think about anything else. After pacing around the kitchen island 4-5 times and driving the dog nuts... I decided I couldn't stand it and needed to tell Jim.

So I bolted upstairs to the bedroom and stuck my arm through the door holding the test. I said, "Hey honey can you look at this for me?". He grabbed it and said, "What? How did you pull this off?". Then quickly responded, "SWEET! That is AWESOME!". I think the rest of the day I was in a daze... just so surprised but then at the same time so so so excited. I am pretty sure I didn't do an ounce of work that day at the plant. Just grinned from ear to ear.

No comments: