Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Time to make our own rules...

So the last month has been up and down with Josh. Last time I wrote, he had come down with a stomach virus. Which both Jim and I eventually came down with that following week. Overall though, he has been much more fussy on a regular basis. We still get happy Josh in the morning... but even daycare was starting to notice how fussy he was getting. I finally felt like someone else was noticing and it was not just me. After a month of phone calls to the doctors office and a few visits... I didn't feel like things were getting better or that the doctors really were listening. I felt like he was so hungry and didnt' have any more to give him... so cereal was the recommendation. But he refused eating cereal (both rice and oat). And I mean refused! But still they urged me to continue b-feeding and avoiding solids until he was six months. I argued that I thought the b-milk was making him more fussy... and that formula might be better. They said the opposite. The month of sleepless nights was finally breaking Jim and I. After a weekend at my parents, I finally decided to start him on formula. I had also heard vegetables that start with "p" can help gassy babies. So we did that too.

He enjoyed the prunes - much like he did the cereal the first time. And we mixed half formula and half bmilk. He guzzled it right on down. This past weekend we started going up from 5 oz to 6oz and then 7 oz a feeding. He just kept on guzzling. On Sunday he drank 6 7oz bottles and had 3 servings of prunes. He was happy ALL day long and went to bed without a fuss at 8:30 pm.

Him sleeping until we woke him up at 7am Monday morning - PRICELESS.

So to all you new moms out there... trust your instincts. If something isn't working... try something new... don't be afraid to try. Every baby is different.

AND I AM OFFICIALLY QUITTING with B-FEEDING!!! WAHOO!

2 comments:

AJ said...

Good for you! and for Josh!

I started both of my kids on solids at 4 months because they were both 90th percentile kids. Some babies are just hungrier!

Josh looks adoreable in the Halloween costume too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, the second picture looks EXACTLY like Jim! That is crazy:) Love, Shan