Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 3, 2008

Cross Country Skiing...

I was determined to have a "family" outing this weekend. We have had SO much snow here that I am sick of only shoveling and driving in it... we had to go out and enjoy it. I researched backpack carriers and saw that the Snugli Cross Country was rated #1 by consumer reports... and it was $70 instead of the Kelty K.I.D.S ($200+). So I went to Baby Depot and tried it out with Josh. He loved it in the store so I figured we should go for it.

That night I put him in his snowsuit and then into the backpack. These are the first pictures in the post. He was less than thrilled. But that didn't stop me. Saturday morning Josh and I hung out while Dad got some extra hours in at work. We played with his Tonka truck and his blocks. He practiced crawling from the kitchen to the family room (there is one step). It seems like each day he conquers something new... Lately he likes to yell to get our attention and if we make a noise he will mimic us. Hilo must think we are nuts!

Jim got home from work and we got all ready for our skiing adventure. Jim rented skiis while I got Josh all bundled up and strapped into the backpack. We started out with Jim carrying Josh. But eventually switched because I was more comfortable on skiis. Both of us thought the carrier was really comfortable and my shoulders didn't hurt at all during or after the trip. YAY!

Josh slept for at least the first 45 minutes. Then he woke up and I could hear him smiling - he always scrunches up his nose and breathes in and out real fast when he is excited. Don' t ask me why... but it is cute. We got lots of comments from others on the trail like "He is enjoying the backpack!", "Oh he is so cute", "wow you are brave parents"... But it was brave... Jim and I were both terrified of falling over and crushing him... but we made it 1.5 hours and didn't fall over with him on our back...

The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. We watched movies and played in the yard... again - SO MUCH snow. I can't wait till Josh is old enough to build SNOW STATUES in our front lawn... Hee hee!

We went to church and then to breakfast Sunday morning. I ordered Crepes with strawberries and bananas. Josh couldn't get enough of my breakfast. He literally grabbed handfulls and was shoveling it into his mouth. Jim and I just sat there and watched him in amazement. It was hilarious. He had to have ate atleast one entire crepe on his own.

The weekend ended on a bad note when I decided to try playing indoor soccer again. I hadn't played since Feb 3rd when I had sprained my ankle (atleast that was my self diagnoses with help from Dr. Jimbo). I wore an ankle brace and warmed up without a problem. I didn't even last 5 minutes before I attempted to trap a ball and was quickly on the ground in lots of pain - AGAIN. This time I didn't continue playing and instead called my doctor to make an appointment. I had x-rays done which showed that I had a hairline fracture which was healing on its own... so no cast for now... but I do need to start physical therapy... YAY again!

7 comments:

AJ said...

The picture of him smiling and snuggling up to you is soooo cute! We have a back pack like that too, and I love it!

Michelle said...

Great photos!! I'm with AJ, I like the one of him smiling and snuggling you, too!

Sorry to hear about your soccer injury :(

Kara said...

It looks like he had so much fun. I would be so scared that he would be too cold. How did you determine how much to put him in?

Also, hope your ankle heals quickly!!!

Jericho Rose said...

Josh is so cute. The photo of him drooling while on your back is priceless.

Abbey said...

Josh is a cutie! I love his hat;)
Good luck with that ankle injury!

Jodie said...

Hey Dee - I love the pic of you and Josh sporting specs.

Your little family is adorable!

Hope youre ankle is better!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.