Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A little more on Baby # 2

So this pregnancy is very very different. Not that it is a bad thing, it is just very different. Here are some things I have noticed.

  1. Losing hair. I haven't lost this much hair (brushing/showering) since before I was pregnant with Josh. I notice because I now need to clean out the shower drain... haven't done that since we first got married.
  2. Acne. I am back in high school. Breaking out with tiny little pimples all along my hairline. And then of course 3 mega ones... in places that are noticeable every time you talk... edge of your nose or on the edge of my lip. Nice.
  3. Stink. I think Dove stopped putting the antipersperent in my deodorant. Because it doesn't work anymore. What is up with that??
  4. Food Aversions. Nothing. With Josh the thought of chicken/turkey made me gag. I can eat just about anything with baby #2... except fish. Which I have never been able to eat.
  5. Belly size. Definitely bigger this round. I just measured myself and am about 32.5" around. Granted I did just eat dinner, but not anything ridiculous. To put it into perspective, I just pulled out my "Belly Book" from Josh and I didn't measure 32" until week 21 with him. That is 6 weeks away!
  6. Weight gain. About the same it looks like. But I feel bigger. ha ha!

So... if you are wondering what the sex is... me too. I am leaning towards a girl at this point because it is so different. But then I keep reminding myself of the many friends that have had drastically different pregnancies and they all resulted in the same sex.

What do I hope for... honestly a girl. But also a boy. I know weird. Are we going to find out. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Sorry to all of those who are really upset right now. But we just loved the surprise WAY too much.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Congratulations, Danielle, on baby #2. I am so excited for you both. Please post belly pics :)

Michelle said...

Congrats!! I am SO excited for you guys! I am definitely thinking girl this time... how has this pregnancy affected your energy/running/etc?

Keep us posted :)

Joette said...

Congrats Danielle and Jim! Hope you have a great pregnancy and everything continues to go smoothly!