Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Week 16 - work/potty training

Life is good. I have been working quite a bit lately. My division is currently being sold to Bemis... it was announced July 3rd. And they hope to have it complete by Sept 1st. On top of that, we have had a huge surge of potential customers approach our plant and so we have been running trial after trial on our machines to try and qualify the new customer specs. School finally ended July 31st and it seemed work seemed to pick up dramatically after that! Thankfully both weren't happening at the same time! Today I got home at 5:30am and slept till noon. I am enjoying the day off after already putting in 42 hours by Thurs. Only one more day of work and I can enjoy the weekend! This was my first full night shift at this new job.... not bad for having worked there over a year already. Love my job still, so that makes this worth it for now. As for the buyout... I have to apply for my job, which seems like more of a formality than anything. Of course anything is possible, but everything seems to point to this being a good thing in the long run - I think my job is sound.

Pregnancy - Going so much better in the last few weeks. I can't help but think about what the next year holds. I picture our family with another little boy. And get excited thinking about the two boys playing sports, getting messy, and just overall being boys. The next day I will switch and picture a little girl with our family and look forward to being able to dress her up in the ridiculously cute clothes... play dolls... and bring some well needed girl power to this house of boys! :) Either way we are happy. I pray that this pregnancy goes as well as it did with Josh, and of course most of all for a happy healthy baby. It is hard to imagine any other way.

Josh - Hilarious. Life is just fun. He sings "happy birthday" non-stop around our house. Not to anyone in particular. Just loves singing it. Josh now sings the "Alleluia" song at church on Sunday's and this last week ended it with a loud "AMEN" and half of the "ABC's". That is when I quickly whispered, shhhh not now honey, but good job on singing! Josh can count to 11 now and does so every time we walk up/down a flight of stairs. To think that in 26 months he can count and sing his ABC's, name all the colors of the rainbow, and put puzzles together. It is just amazing to see all the growth!
Pictures: 16 Weeks pregnant. Josh and his friend Ella at Chickenfest (Prom picture right!) Josh and Lillian at the lake, playing in the water on the 4th of July. Josh's potty chart. We have it half way filled at this point. he gets 4 miniature marshmallows and to put a sticker on the sticker chart. He went the whole week with a dry diaper after school and through the night. Going potty 3 - 4 times each night and right away in the morning. So we gave him MACK truck to open already and now when the chart is full, we'll get him lightning McQueen to put inside of the semi. He is SO EXCITED. :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

You are so stinkin cute. I love the belly bump!! Hope all continues to go well.