Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 13, 2007

A tooth???

Well it has finally happened... Joshua is popping out a tooth. But it sure it taking it's time... On Monday I spotted something white in his mouth... so I stuck my finger in... and eventually had to pull his lower lip down. You could just barely see this white bumpy edge of a tooth poking through. I felt it too. But it seems that it just doesn't want to poke all the way through yet. (notice the drool on the shirt and pants... it is everywhere)

Josh has been pretty good though. He gets pretty cranky after daycare and we have been putting him to bed earlier and earlier this week. Last night he was in bed by 6:30pm! And he slept until 8am this morning! I think it is the tooth, but he could be hitting another growth spurt too. He is definitely surpassed the 6 month outfits and well into the 9 month ones. I feel like it is going to be quick though!

We learned another trick for Josh... daycare has been giving him at least 1/4 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 jar of baby food up to 2 times a day. We have been lucky if we can get him to eat half that much on the weekend. Amanda one of his teachers said that she mixes it all up and he gobbles it down. We had been giving him a spoonful of cereal with a dab of baby food on top. So we started mixing it all together Monday night and he just kept opening his mouth and going for more. :) He eats 3 solid meals a day now... Tonight we tried peaches for the first time. He didn't seem to notice. But the Ritz crackers... hilarious to watch him eat them. He is so excited to get them in his hands and to his mouth... but as soon as he tastes the salt he winces! I really wish I knew what he was thinking sometimes!

Not much new for Jim and I. He got a new car - Buick Lucerne last week so we are enjoying the new ride. :) Never thought I would be excited to drive a Buick... but this car is SOOOOO nice! As for me... just trying to keep up at work. Believe it or not we are barely keeping up with demand for DEPEND. ha ha! :) I am playing womens soccer again and our team is really good this year. We have 5 returning players and 4 new players this year. So far we have only lost 2 games out of 6. Which is much better than the years before. I even played goalie one half and didn't let a single shot in. Pretty hilarious to watch me - so scared of the ball! The ref kept yelling "nice hands keep"... i finally realized he was making fun of me using everything but my hands to defend the goal (head/shoulder/chest/feet). But whatever works.
We got the Christmas cards done and sent out... and we are home again this weekend. Love that we have had 3 weekends home! We have done quite a bit around the house... Well okay - Jim has done quite a bit. But I have helped here and there.

Alright - you got some new pics to look at... that is all you really wanted anyway!

3 comments:

Kara said...

We need to see some Ritz pics. I love their faces when little ones try new food.

AND YAY for a tooth!!!

The Smith Family said...

He is looking more and more like his mama!!!

Meghan Soens said...

We got your x-mas card today and it is so cute! He is such a handsome little guy...and of course we hold a soft spot in our hearts for the boxer! Merry Christmas!

Meghan and Pete Soens