Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

A visit to MN...

I was definitely homesick and needing to get a visit in with my family. This weekend Jim was going to be leaving for Beech Island, SC and I figured it was as good a time as any to make the trip. Jim helped me pack up on Thursday night and I was on my way... just Josh and I. The trip went smoothly and I had some really good conversations with friends... i used my new Blue Tooth that Jimbo got me for X-mas. That thing is awesome.

We got to my parents place around 10:30pm. We didn't stay up too late and thankfully Josh went down without even a peep! Friday we hung out with my mom at home. My cousin Lisa stopped by for lunch and spent the afternoon catching up. That night the boys (minus Josh) all went to the Gopher hockey game and Shannon, my mom, Josh, and I went shopping and to dinner. Josh was a real trooper. That night he went to bed again without a peep. We stayed up until the boys got there and played dominoes. I don't thing we were playing correctly so I am going to have to get the "real" rules from my friend Elaine. But it was fun anyway.

Saturday, my cousin Kristy stopped by with the boys to hang out. They are getting SO BIG! It was fun to see them interact with Josh and think that eventually Josh will be that big... That afternoon we had an early dinner with the family before my little brother Jack's big game. It was a GREAT hockey game. Jack plays for Hill Murray and they played against the High School I went to - Mahtomedi. Jack scored in the first minute... so awesome. By the end of the game I think had had 2 assists and the one goal. Not bad at all! Plus they won - although I was torn with it being my old stomping grounds. :)

Sunday we went to church and then had breakfast at home. Josh and I made the trip home that afternoon. I had a soccer game late Sunday night and had my friends the Spindlers come adn watch Josh for me at the game. He was very intrigued by all the running. I was amazed at how he sorta followed the ball - although that is where most of the ladies were running, so he could have just been following them. Ha ha!

Quick run down of the pictures... the first one Josh is proudly wearing his "Tippy Cup Champ" onesie... picture two is him doing his FAVORITE thing - standing all by himself against some furniture... my dad (pappy) is playing peek-a-boo which Josh thought was hilarious. Obviously the third picture is the same situation - just a close up of our little man - seriously his look changes from week to week! And the last picture is of him cuddling with the pink pig in the guest room at my parents. Not sure what he finds so hilarious about the pig... but he giggled and giggled whenever we brought it close to him. It helped keep him occupied when we were chaning diapers... which is a huge ordeal now since he loves to roll...

It was a good weekend... now onto a single parent week!

2 comments:

Kara said...

YAY...updates. Glad to hear your New Year's was fun!!! Also, Josh is getting so big. What new stuff is he doing???

Sam said...

Oh my goodness...Josh is looking so big! I miss you guys very much and hope all is well!

Much love!!