Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

So shnazzy!

Our friends Matt and Meagan officially tied the knot this weekend. Matt Baker was the best man in our wedding and one of Jim's friends that I think of as my friend. We have gotten to know Meagan very well in the last few years and know that the two of them are truly meant to be. There wedding was so romantic! It was obviously winter and there was a TON of snow in Big Rapids. The had the wedding and the reception in an old victorian style home. The guest list was very small and made for a very intimate event. By the end - I felt as if we were family. I think Jim considers himself an adopted family member.

We also were able to show off Josh and his fancy suit. So irresistably cute! And he knows it. He didn't mind the clip on tie or the fact that the shirt was really tight around his neck. He just gave his little shy smile and grinned from ear to ear. I am sure that his unending audience was just feeding the fire.

Before the wedding I was determined to bring Josh into the pool. So that morning as soon as breakfast was over I got into my suit, we put some little swimmers on Josh... and off we went. Dad took pictures. He took a little bit to get used to it... but once I let him sit on the steps going into the pool... I think he realized this was a giant bathtub. He thought the little boys were pretty cool to watch as they would swim under water and pop up in a different spot. And loved splashing.

G'ma and G'pa Kirkwood drove up to Big Rapids as well as CJ, Jim's little sis, to babysit the little man for the reception. We really really enjoyed the night out dancing... and would you believe that Josh slept until 9:45am on Sunday!! That was sweet!

Oh - and it was a big time MI mites hockey tournament in Big Rapids that weekend. So we were surrounded by little boys trying to play mini-sticks which are apparently banned in most hotels these days. I verified with my folks - and this is also the case in MN. I had no idea they were so dangerous! It was funny to watch the parents too, each morning at breakfast they would talk about which teams were racking up the points and who wasn't playing fair. On most occasions the parents of opposing teams would offer tips for the next game.. but there were a few conversations that were quite the opposite. Seriously - these kids are what - 8 or 9 years old? Give me a break! Jim just kept saying - "I am not ready for this..." And I kept saying "you know we will be those parents... talking smack to the other parents." Hee hee!

As always we had a good time with family and friends in MI. Wish it were closer! :)

Now the pictures - Josh on the car ride there... he is such a good traveler! Next was our adventure in the pool. Third picture - Matt and Meagan tying the knot! Fourth Picture is Josh in the suit he got from Great G'ma Connie. Next is Josh thoroughly enjoying what we referred to as the "orphanage crib". He thought it was pretty sweet that he could climb up to standing and walk around and around the crib to see various parts of the hotel room. Notice the excitement on his face with G'ma Kirkwood. And last but not least, my new screen saver at work. I literally get laughs from everyone at work and it makes me chuckle every time I see it. Which is a wonderful thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh he's adorable. I can't wait to have that same look back like you and Jim had. It's been a little over 3 years for us and I can't believe life today. Amazing. Thanks for sharing. Love you. Alli

Anonymous said...

That totally looks like an orphanage crib! Josh just gets more and more adorable in every picture - his smile is just precious. :) Lisa