Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

A VERY busy February

This month has flown by so quickly. Jim was gone for two weeks this month for work... And then I had a MTU recruiting trip for work the week of February 18th. So I am going to try and catch up.

On February 13th I arrived at daycare to pick up the little man. To my surprise he crawled right on over to me as soon as he saw me through the window... Let me tell you. That has been by far the GREATEST mom moment. The rest of the week Josh crawled and crawled. He went thoroughly through each room and pointed out "non baby friendly" areas. How he found some of the things is beyond me.

That weekend my friend Kelly and her little guy Mavorick came over for lunch and play time. Then that night was girls night out! I dropped Hilo and Josh off at the Simon's house. Mandy and I met up with Kristen and Adam (I know a guy, but we made him act like a girl). We had an awesome time playing darts, pool, and dancing. It was pretty funny to see people trying to figure out what one guy was doing with 3 married women. Ah well.

The next day was full of adventures. We have literally been pounded with snow... and after being up at MTU last week, I can officially confirm that we have more snow in our front yard than the sorority house does up in Houghton. Well Sunday the 17th was no exception. We first got some fantastic rain with a temp of 28 degrees. After the first attempt to get home ended with Mandy and I safely in the ditch... we opted to wait a few more hours. Next we called the tow truck... got the envoy out of the ditch... and made the trek to my house. We grabbed stuff to spend the night as the 7 mile drive took over an hour. We finally made it to Mandy's around 1pm... Poor Bob. He was in charge of a 3 year old, an 11 month old, a 9 month old, and two dogs. The snow continued all day... and Josh/Hilo/and I spent the night.

Monday I went up to Tech... and Josh went to the Simons for three nights. Hilo went to some other friends of ours. We of course hit up a few bars that night. Tuesday was the career fair. I was so sick of talking by about 2pm and started walking around checking out the other booths. Jenelle, Britta, and Mollie were up there for CAT. We made sure to get plans figured out for the evening. Some of us went cross country skiing, then hit up dinner, and then the bars. That was a rough one. We were out till at least 1:30am. Then up on Wednesday for a full day of onsite interviews. I feel bad for my first candidate... because I was definitely not bringing my A game. After the 9 interviews... we headed to the "Ambo" for fishbowls and pizza with the co-ops. It was a good turnout and we all enjoyed the fishbowls. ("ambo" is the new name for the ambassador... don't really like it... but i was doing anything I could to fit in with the college kids). We went to KBC to listen to Gary (courtesy of CAT), then the Dog, then the DT. That night we lost one of our recruiters twice. We were able to find him eventually... but don't think he'll be drinking any time soon. He is a recent MTU grad who insisted on playing drinking games. No one was interested so he attempted to play with some locals at the bar. Never a good idea!

Josh did fantastic with the Simons and I wasn't sure they were going to bring Hilo back. Ended the very crazy week with my parents coming into town and me heading to Jacksonville to meet up with Jim, Chris and Elaine, and Mark and Tara. A very short weekend but a really nice escape from the endless snow!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Goodness, your February sounded very busy. Glad to hear Joshua is a crawler. I love it when my girls run up to me when they see me. There is nothing more special than them wrapping their arms around me.

The Thuente Family said...

My grandma got me this cup, fork, and spoon that suction to the high chair table so they can't throw them. We obviously haven't tried it out yet but perhaps you should invest in one!

Jericho Rose said...

The Ambassador has been called the Ambo for a long time by those that work there. Kevin my fiance' was calling it the Ambo with Ed in 2001. ;)