Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 4, 2008

Double Ear Infection...

Well last Tuesday Josh officially had his first ear infection... and to top it off it was a double ear infection. He didn't pull at his ears or have a fever... he just wasn't happy when he woke up. I brought him in and fully expected them to say - nothing was wrong or that he was gassy. But it was his ears. So we started the Amoxicillan... he loved it... I am not sure why he likes taking medicine so much... but baby gas x, tylenol, motrin, and antibiotics... he is almost excited when we give it to him. Hmmm...

After we got him home the ear pulling and fever began. He slept in his carseat almost the entire week... and seemed to get better. Then this week - it went the other direction. He started pulling at his ears again and having big time screaming fits at night. So back to the doctors we went. So we then started the second round of antibiotic. This one goes for 10 days. Looking forward to this ear infection stuff to be over with... I am tired!

This weekend we went to MN to celebrate my mom's birthday and attend my cousin Pat's wife Sarah's baby shower. It was the first time many of my dad's side would see Josh. So I was particularly excited for the shower. He was held the entire time and half the relatives say he looks like my dad and the other half kept saying "wow is he Jim". So again - I think he is a good mix of the two of us.

Saturday night we ordered in Chinese food which seems to be a tradition now for my mom's birthday. My grandparents came over and we had almost my entire family there. My baby brother Jack had Silverbell to go to - the High School Winter formal. This was also a fun part of the weekend. Since we are all so much older than him, I feel like he is missing out on some valuable sibling harrassment. Well we brought out all the stops when his girlfriend showed up. He tried to sneak downstairs for photos... but I made sure he went right into the family room so everyone could watch him take pictures. He was a good sport about it and so was his girlfriend. Times have changed though since we were in High school... did any of you have those itchy corsages... my brother gave Ashley a huge bouquet of flowers... Much better idea! And he didn't have to wear any flowers that were going to inevitably fall off or poke through your skin...

Another great weekend with family and friends!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Sorry to hear the little one isn't feeling well. It is no fun for anyone. Hopefully, he will get rid of the ear infection ASAP!!!

Anonymous said...

From your anti-amoxicillian Uncle;

I swear that Doctors get major kickbacks from this drug company. Becuase no matter what you go in for they give you amox. I also swear it works less then 50%. I would ask for some other drug and tell them Amox did not work and you had to do a second dose of antibiotics. The Z pack is great becuase it always works and is only 3 days long. But I am not sure age limits. Andy