Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mom and Josh Time

Wednesday night I had a hair appointment and unfortunately realized that Jim had stuff at work that night and I failed to get a sitter. So I debated on whether or not to cancel and well... decided to try bringing him along. He was an ANGEL! I had packed up a quick dinner for him, PB&J, apples, juice, cheez-its. He loved it. And all the girls at the salon just kept coming over to say hi. When we were done, he asked to go get his haircut... he loves going to get his haircut. So I said sure, why not. So off to the barber shop.

This is the type of shop that is first come first serve. I have been hesitant to put a specific stylist down just cause I feel guilty doing it. Unfortunately, the girl Josh ended up with was less than thrilled to be cutting a toddlers hair. I should have stopped it at that point. But I just kept going cause he was SO EXCITED to watch cartoons and get his haircut. She didn't put the kids fish cape on him and instead used a big adult black one. Josh looked up at me with a puzzled look and said, Mom - fish? She immediately commented how the adult one covers more so it is better. I then realized that Josh was watching Malcolm in the Middle... a show which i have never understood... and one that is definitely not appropriate for Josh. So I grabbed the remote hoping to find a kid appropriate show. The stylist was not happy with this and quickly said, "it's on Nickelodeon already". I said, "sure, but this is not an appropriate show for him" and flipped to some cartoon on the disney channel. The rest of the haircut involved her using a buzz cutter and having all the hair fly into Josh's face/eyes, then her taking the hair dryer right up to his face to blow it off, which went over really well! Josh never cried even though you could tell it really hurt to have the hair in his eyes. When the stylist brought out the hot towel to put on his face, normally used on the adults, I said, "um no, that is too hot for him". She looked confused. SERIOUSLY?? Being pregnant and well just slightly opinionated and outspoken, I said, "I know Josh, this isn't typically how your haircuts go, I am sorry, next time I promise it will be better". She probably didn't even acknowledge it. But man alive... if you don't like kids, don't cut their hair. I would have gladly waited another 5 minutes for a stylist that does like kids. On our way out I did hear her comment that he was the easiest kids cut she's had.

Jimbo had his fraternity reunion up at MTU this weekend, so it was a Josh/Mom hangout weekend. Friday night we watched a movie and cuddled on the couch. Saturday we did a lot of errands. Went to the post office, the bank, and the laundromat to wash all of Hilo's bedding. Josh loves running errands and is a great helper. Saturday night we had dinner and watched the Incredibles before bed. Sunday we went to church. Josh decided that he was going to sing the Halelujah part this time. So he belted it out, it was actually pretty good. HILARIOUS! He got the father-daughter in front of us to turn around. Of course at the end he added his own lyrics which were a combination of the ABC's and twinkle twinkle little star. The kid sings 24/7. And if you try to sing the song with him, he quickly tells you, "No, Josh sing it". OUCH! :)

No comments: