Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

21 Week Ultrasound pics!!!

Baby was moving and shakin... so many kicks and punches. We were in there for nearly 2 hours when the ultrasound tech finally gave up on trying to see the inside of babies mouth. Baby gave a little smirk at the end which I thought was pretty funny. Stubborn you think. Never! Not from two "non" stubborn parents such as Jim and I. Ya right. Heartbeat was at 150bpm, belly measuring 35" around, and weight up 14 lbs! YIKES! Just halfway?? The pics turned out awesome again... so we will get them up on the blog as soon as I can get to my scanner at work.

We had a fantastic Labor Day at Nanna and Puppa's lake. Josh actually was picked up on the previous Sunday afternoon and spent the first few days with Nanna and Puppa all by himself! Jim and I had no idea what to do with ourselves! We got there Wednesday night to find him completely content... didn't miss us at all I bet!

Thursday Jim and I went to the MN state fair... it was AWESOME! Ate way too much food, but it was all good. The corn dog won in the corndog/pronto pup challenge. The waffle on a stick was even better than I imagined. The cheese curds, roasted corn, and root beer floats were delicious as always. We got back to my parents to find Josh wasn't feeling that well. I think he ended up having the 24 hr stomach bug.

Kids being sick. They just don't understand that eating blueberries when you have been vomitting all day is not a very good idea. And rather than argue, I let him eat all the blueberries he could eat. BAD IDEA! When they came up, it looked like blood and it freaked me out just about as much as it did him. And it stains. Don't recommend it.

The rest of the weekend was a good one at the lake. Too cold to swim, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the pontoon and sand. Josh learned to cast all by himself. And he can cast better than I can I think. It is quite impressive. He LOVED fishing with Nanna and Puppa on the pontoon. We were out on the lake just cruising around when he said, "Mama - go potty". So I attempted to get him to pee off the side of the boat... no luck. But he did make it back in time to pee on a tree near the cabin, thanks to Uncle Joe's help. And that might have been the coolest thing ever!

The drive back home to WI was split up. Sunday night we left the lake and went to my parents in the Twin Cities. Along the way we had a potty incident. Josh told us he had to go just as we passed an exit with plenty of restrooms. Neither of us could remember exactly how far the next exit was going to be and when I looked back at Josh... we were already too late. Awesome! We pulled off at the next exit, used a gallon ziplock bag torn in half to cover the wet seat, gave Josh a wetwipe bath, and got back on the road. Thankfully we were not making the full 8 hour drive home that night. All in all, Josh did great on the trip and we became much better bathroom stop planners on the remainder of the trip! The last picture is of my grandparents... Grandma Donna and Grandpa Roger. My great-granny Leona, Donna's mom, is still alive and doing well! Blessed to have them in our life.

No comments: