Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Traveling Crazyness

This past week I went to UW-Platteville for oncampus recruiting. We are looking for 2 co-op students at our plant in 2010. So because I like to go on these trips, I asked my boss very early on if I could remain involved on recruitment when I started at Alcan. Well now I am his go to person. Which is nice, but it is a lot of additional work. This trip him and I went down. I was quite impressed with Platteville. It is a very good engineering school that I never had heard of until I started working for Alcan and they are really tiny. It is even smaller than what it was like in Houghton! :) Their career fair was from 10am-3pm and then my boss and I interviewed candidates from 3:30-9pm. I was definitely sick of talking at the end of it all! We found some really good candidates so that is always nice!

I was excited to be home, although Jim was getting busier and busier at work so I feel like we are just passing the parenting baton right now! This weekend we laid low for the most part. We spent time outside and Josh washed his outdoor toys, Jim continued working on Josh's big boy Thomas the Train bed, and I got caught up on homework for school. Monday night I head to MTU to attend their career fair and interview again. So taking the time now to relax as much as possible!

Baby is doing well. Kicking, rolling, moving all of the time. I am feeling so much better than I did in the first trimester. I am hoping it lasts well into the third trimester which is right around the corner. Belly continues to grow although not so much around anymore. THANK GOODNESS!
Fun things Josh is doing/saying:
  • Singing all the time. Songs he knows are ABC's, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle, Farmer in the Dell, Rock A Bye Baby, I Love You You Love Me, John Jacob Jingle Heimer Schmidt, Itsy Bitsy Spider, I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee, Wheels on the Bus, Hot Dog! song from Mickey Mouse, and many many more I can't think of.

  • Say "my" in front of everything. "How are you doing MY mommy?" ,"where are we going MY daddy?"

  • When he wants to be held he says, "Hold you my mommy". TOO CUTE!

  • Playing fetch with Hilo, although Hilo doesn't quite play back, Josh really tries.

  • He loves kissing my belly and saying "Hi baby". He gets really excited when he feels the baby kick. So far he is asking for a sister more often than a brother. But I don't think he'll mind either way.

No comments: