Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

35 weeks

Friday night we went to the Childrens Museum for a Kid's Christmas Party - Thanks Jim's work! We got to see Santa and play play play. Josh had a really good time and it is amazing to see the changes in activity each time we go back there. He is so independant these days!
The rest of the weekend I spent finishing my final "take home" exam. Which is always frustrating because they take so long when they are a take home. I would much rather take an in class exam because it is a set amount of time. But it is done!!

Life is just so hectic right now with the holidays and getting ready for a baby, but at least school is finally over for the semester. Such a huge weight off my shoulders! Now it is time to really get Josh and the baby's room together. Wow, we are going to have a little baby in our house in less than 5 weeks! THAT IS CRAZY!! At this point in my pregnancy with Josh all of these things were done, amazing how less prepared you are for # 2... I wonder why??

I had my 35 week appointment this week. Everything checked out just fine once again. My blood pressure is still nice a low, 108/62 which is good to see. This is the point when it started going up with my pregnancy with Josh. I recently read an article about blood pressure and pregnancy and read that women who don't gain weight in the first half of their pregnancy typically develop high blood pressure at the end. That was pretty much my case with Josh. I don't think I have anything to worry about with this one in that regard, I was gaining weight right away! ha ha!

Baby's heart rate was 147 today and he/she is as active as ever! My doctor said that the head is definitely down and is responsible for that tingling sensation that makes me rush to the bathroom at random times in the day. I really don't remember that with Josh but I am sure it happened. Doc also gave me some recommendations on helping with all the digestive issues I am having... AWESOME! I am eating tums like they are candy from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. It does help, but not for long. It is all part of the fun I know, there just isnt' room for my digestive tract at this point because baby is taking all the room! And for the record, Prune juice is the most DISGUSTING beverage on earth. YUCK!

Work update, I have officially received my very own "little orange cart" at work. My coworker made signs with huge pictures of ridiculously cute babies that say "Baby mobile". I can guarantee none of the guys are going to steel this cart with those signs on it. I basically only use it to get from the front offices and my office in the middle of the plant. And I try to sit on equipment, a stool, or bucket whenever I am out on the production lines. My back is really the only issue at this point and the contractions. They definitely come on stronger after walking/standing.

The countdown to # 2's arrival has begun... So excited/anxious to know whether we will have a little girl or boy... My hunch is a boy... But many many people are convinced it is a girl. We will know very soon! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Almost there!!! I was the same way with Noah... completely laid back with the pregnancy, didn't have stuff done in advance like I did with Evelyn. I much prefer the laid-back version -- less stress is always good :)

Glad to hear that little baby is doing well!!

Kara said...

Hang in there...the 5 weeks will fly by. I would love to see a picture of your baby mobile....how awesome of your co-workers :) Do you have any recent belly pics?