Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our First Snowstorm -- 12"

We got hit really hard with this snowstorm. It was AWESOME!!! It started on Tuesday night and just didn't stop. We had swimming class that night and then went to Walmart to pick up some necessities since we were likely going to have issues with getting around the next day. We got home to find out that my brothers high school hockey game was actually showing in WI. It was awesome. We watched the final 3rd period of his game against Benilde St. Margaret from our family room. It was a very intense period. They were down 1-2 when we tuned in, had a 5 minute major penalty called on them, and as a result had to play for a good amount of time down a man. Finally they tied the game when they returned to full strength. My brother got a break away 1:1 with the goalie when a defender took a swing at him just as he got to the net and took him out... Automatic penalty shot. With 1:12 seconds left... The shot was caught by the goalies glove... dang! A sudden death overtime and no goals. The ended with a tie. It was fun to watch and of course we watched the follow-up interviews. We didn't go to bed until 11:30pm!

The next morning we woke up at 6 and I checked the school closing list... Daycare was delayed... and then at 7am, cancelled all day. SNOW DAY! I went to work for the AM and Jim stayed home to play with Josh. I got home at noon and after nap, we were able to go play too. Very nice way to spend a snowy day!
This final picture is specifically for my brother Joe... I hope you enjoy! I am obviously not fitting into even the basic maternity close anymore and because I only have a few weeks to go... I am cheap and don't want to buy anymore clothes. When I dug through my friends maternity stuff to find some sweats to fit under the snow gear so I would be warm... I found this and laughed so hard when I put it on... How hot am I! ha ha! Jim laughed too so we decided, why not take a pic. My brother just can't stand to see the belly... so that is why it is for him!

2 comments:

Kara said...

OMG...you are all belly. I think you may be having another boy, but I am not always right on this :) We just built an awesome snowman last weekend. I'll post pics this weekend. I am way behind on posts.

Michelle said...

I LOVE your picture!!! Totally cracks me up :) Travis has a little bit of issues with preggo bellies, too. He swears that mine didn't gross him out --- but he didn't want to see anyone else's bare belly :)