Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

22.5 weeks along

So since the last post my belly has already grown 2.5 inches. I am now at 34 inches around and am up 9 lbs... Once again, here are the pictures... as my friend Mandy puts it, I am huge compared to Christmas! She is pregnant with her second and has been extremely helpful. Today she went with me to Target to register for the "must haves".



In the last week, Baby has been moving often. Jim has been able to feel the kicks a few times, but mainly it has been fun for me. I notice that during meetings at work, baby seems to move more when loud male coworkers talk... I often wonder what Baby thinks of our discussion and find it difficult to concentrate on the meeting. Night time is the best by far. Usually when I read I put the book on my belly... I think Baby realizes this and then kicks in that direction to make the book slip... As I fall asleep I will push on different parts of my belly to get Baby to move. And almost always Baby does. And then with the usual 2:30 am bathroom break, Baby is rock 'n' rollin. Although I enjoy this immensely, it is starting to show at work. I definitely am getting in later than usual and it isn't because I am working out at the gym.


As for working out, this week I have started a new program. It is called, "You are pregnant, cool it". So I am down to M, W, and F. And maximum of 30 minutes cardio... tomorrow is Day 2 of this plan but I can already tell having today off was very refreshing. I have also picked up aqua jogging. And if you haven't tried it, you can't knock it. I have never been so sore from a 20 minute workout in my life! And literally it doesn't feel like you are doing much when you are the pool. But believe me you'll notice the next day. I am told this is the best exercise for pregnant women because it takes the extra weight off of your joints. I can handle that!

No comments: