Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Baby Shower in Minnesota

This weekend marked the first baby shower for us. My sister and mom hosted the shower at my parents house in Mahtomedi. Both my mom and dad's side were invited as well as a few friends. My mother in law Cindy and g'ma in law Connie made the trek from MI to join in the baby fun. We played some fun new games that involved baby names and baby food. We had a fantastic brunch - egg bake and caramel rolls! And of course presents! We got lots of good stuff in preparation for baby... from high chairs to bouncy chairs, bottles to nooks, and onesies to bath towels... lots of good stuff!

The weekend also involved a b-day celebration for my mom - the soon to be GRANDMA! We ordered in Chinese and had plenty of pie. We also cheered on my little brother Jack at his Hill Murray Hockey game versus St. Thomas. I am pretty sure the entire section was filled with Jack's family... And he did outstanding! After the game the family all met at Savoy's pizzeria in St. Paul for dinner. After that, Jim and I stopped by my sister Shannon's to hang out and see the remodeling they had accomplished. Their basement has a very comfy TV room now!

All in all a very very nice weekend. Good food, good company, and lots of family!

1 comment:

jessrings said...

I would have loved to come!! I got the invite anyway which was so super sweet. I am excited for you and Jim!!! I hope you got lots of sweet stuff.