Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Just Hilo and I this week...


Jim left for Beech Island, SC for work on Feb 17th and isn't coming back until March 3rd. So it is just Hilo and I. I have been pretty nice to him though, brought him to daycare 2 times last week and then once this week. He was pretty darn worn out!

He has been my cuddle buddy though. And I don't mind. He has definitely been looking for Jim though. It is quite cute - anytime he hears a noise he runs to the back door. I know I am not that good at playing rough with him, but I do try. And usually he will go along with it for a while... but it doesn' t take long for him to get bored with me and wander off.

His new thing since Jim has left is coming upstairs. He really likes the new sense of freedom - which is basically the stairs, the hallway, and our bedroom. All the other doors are shut - and for good reason. He has found a pair of panty hose (still not sure where they were) and then carried around one of my bras. Nice.

And thankfully he has not run off on me... because chasing him around the neighborhood is the last thing I want to do with all this snow. Which reminds me - when people say you are pregnant and you shouldn't shovel... listen to them. I am now. After the first attempt - I quickly went to the neighbors and asked if they'd be willing to snowblow the driveway for the remainder of the snow storm. They of course said yes and then began to yell at me for even attempting to shovel. The rest of that day I was on the couch with some good old tylenol and a heat pad. All was fine the next day. Can't wait till Jim is home again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha What is on Hilo's head?

The Kirkwood Family said...

A sleeve of a t-shirt. We tore up some t-shirts to use as rags for paint and the sleeve fit perfectly over Hilo's head... he looked like a little polish woman... laughed and laughed...