Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 12, 2007

The hiccups and baby dreams...

So today at work, I was very tired. After the long busy weekend, I just wanted to sleep. But of course work is a part of life. So thankfully baby realized I would be having a hard time staying alert and focused and attempted to help me out. After a few pretty big kicks... I felt this very quick patter. I thought it was just the baby kicking that fast, however my friend Mandy put her hand on my belly and confirmed that in fact the baby had the hiccups! They didn't last very long, but happened 2 more times in the afternoon. I couldn't help but laugh outloud. And of course, as any mom would, I spent some time pushing back at the kicks and getting the baby to kick even more. Such a nice mom... don't worry, the baby will get me back.

Another topic, dreams. So at the shower my cousin Amber was asking what types of dreams I have been having to try and figure out if it was a girl or boy. I explained that my dreams have been more vivid and on occasion involve the baby coming out in some way. One dream being that the baby stuck his hand out of my belly button and waved for a minute and then pulled it back inside. Another was when the baby came on out, danced around a bit, and then went back in. And this was apparently not odd to me or anyone else around. Amber of course asked, well what sex was the baby... and unfortunately all I could say was it was a baby - no sex specified! So last night I had yet another baby dream. This one was that I could feel the baby's butt and then follow the little legs and tickle the feet... then it occurred to me that wait - if I can tell exactly where the knees, feet, and toes are... I should be able to tell if we are having a girl or a boy. And once again, my dreams confirm it is a girl! This upset Jim and he immediately felt the baby and said, nope this part means it is a boy... at which point I quickly reminded him the baby is less than two pounds and that is most definitely the leg. :)

No comments: