Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Getting SO big!

So - I have been wanting to upload new pictures of Josh... and our internet hasn't been working since last Thursday. I have been going crazy! But now we are back in business. So here we go... The first picture might be my favorite now. He is getting closer and closer to a giggle. I can't WAIT for him to start laughing. Right now it is a silent grin... Still darn cute if you ask me.

Other news... he rolls from his back to his side. He is not a fan of this new manuever however. He will be perfectly content on his back, kicking and swatting at the toys above. Then roll over and just start SCREAMING until you help him roll back onto his back. So funny!

He is still getting up at least once during the night to eat. And sometimes it is more. We are getting better at trying other things before going right to a feeding. We have found that he hates to be wet. So that is the first thing we check and almost always he will fall right back to sleep as soon as the clean diaper is on him. Maybe this means potty training will be easy... yeah right!

He LOVES the jumparoo. I knew he would though because all he did was push off of my ribs when he was in my belly... it was inevitable that he would have strong little legs and constantly want to stand.

Josh has very good head control and we can hold him up by his upper thighs now... he gets SO excited when we do this. He is sitting up pretty well with some help from mom. And tummy time is still not a favorite. He is getting better though. Now he can lift up his head and look at toys out in front of him. A huge improvement from before.

This past weekend we had our friends Ryan and Anne come to visit. They spent the night with us on Thursday and we had a great time at happy hour and then softball. Friday they went to Ryan 's parents. That same day Jim's parents came to town. Grandma and Grandpa Kirkwood were SO excited to see Josh. Saturday Jim and I went to a party in the afternoon and then came back to have dinner with his parents. They volunteered to continue watching Josh while Jim and I had a night out. I literally bolted upstairs and got a cute shirt on and a skirt. I even put on perfume. Jim came upstairs just as I sprayed on the perfume and goes - oh it is going to be one of those nights. He quickly changed and we were off to meet our friends Kristen and Tyler for dinner. It was so much fun. We headed out on the town for drinks after this and made it to a few bars and out on the dance floor. We even ran into two different friends who were having their bachelor and bachelorette parties. Ryan and Anne met up with us at the last bar and of course joined us fo the late night food run to Sal's pizzeria. It was a great night out. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for coming to town!

This week has been pretty crazy busy. I am very busy at work and so is Jim. Hours have been long at work and so Josh has been at daycare longer than I would like each day. I am hoping next week will be different.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first picture is my new favorite one as well! Can't wait to see you guys next week:) Love - Shannon

Melissa said...

He is SO ADORABLE!!! He is starting to get to the fun age where he will be doing more and interacting more with you and Jim everyday. Have fun :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute! I love how he is looking at laughing.....I miss him so.....and of course the two of you.....Can't wait for September to get here. Love you guys, Mom and Dad, Nana and Pappy Walsh

Kara said...

I LOVE the first picture. He has such an adorable grin. It sounds like he is progessing well, next thing you know he will be rolling over and getting into everything.

Also, YAY for a night on the town with the hubby. Glad you both had a great time.