Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 9, 2007

What is new....

Well we are still adjusting to our work/daycare life. It has been a very busy week and a half already. Adjusting has been way harder than I thought it would be. I miss him definitely, but functioning at work and then spending time with him is very hard to do on the 5-6 hours of sleep. I am trying to get to bed earlier and earlier... but it never seems to happen. There is always something to do.

Pumping at work has been really easy so far. I have an office right now and so I can just shut my door and everyone leaves me alone. I can actually go through email too... so that is nice. I am moving though next week to the main building. There I will be in a cube so I won't be able to pump at my desk. The room they have for us to use is about a 15 minute walk... so it is going to take way more out of my day that it currently does. Hmm.... not going to be so easy!

Josh is adjusting pretty well to daycare. The first week he wasn't eating more than 1-2 ounces at a feeding. I knew that wasn't normal. Finally Jim suggested this weekend that we try the size 2 flow nipples. And he sucked down 4.5 ounces... good job Dad! So this week he is easily eating 3.5 - 5 ounces at a feeding. I need to start pumping more! ha ha!

He is sleeping very well there and adjusting to life at home too. We have him down to getting up once at night now... It is fantastic! Except for last night when he decided to eat every 2 hours. Ah well. We do miss seeing him in the morning. He is SO happy and smiley in the morning. In the evenings he is pretty tired so he is only awake for about an hour or so... So that is hard and makes us miss him that much more!

What else... Happy belated birthday Jack (my little bro). He is the big 16 now! Good luck on your drivers test today... I know you will ace it because you are a better driver than me!

Tonight our friends Ryan and Anne come into town... very very excited to see them and for them to meet Josh. Then tomorrow Jim's parents come to town for the weekend. It will be so nice to have them in town. Not sure what the plans will be... but I am sure we will find something to do! :)

I also am posting a link to Josh's professional 3 month picks. Well there is only one on the website. It is the first one in the infant slideshow. Super cute. I wish he were smiling in it, but nonetheless he is still cute and GETTING SO BIG!!!

http://www.holdrenphoto.com/imagevue.swf

1 comment:

Kara said...

Adjusting to work/daycare life does get easier. Too bad you are switching offices soon and won't be able to pump at your desk. You would think they would have a better location than a 15-minute walk. The pic of Joshua is super cute!!