Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rainy weekend = lots of cuddling...

So the weather has been MUCH cooler the last few days. I always look forward to the changing season - as it means pulling out clothes that haven't been worn in a while. Like sweatshirts! This weekend Jim went to a bachelor party for his buddy Mark. He left Friday night after we went to a friends going away party. So it was just Josh, Hilo, and I all weekend. Friday night we got home from the party around 10 pm and I had put Josh down and gotten into bed myself by 10:30... I woke up at 5:30 am to being extremely uncomfortable... yes - I had just slept for 7 continuous hours.... I debated on waking Josh up to see if he was hungry, but decided even if he was - I was way too full and would end up making him mad... so I pumped. 13 oz! yeah, that is why it hurt.

I went back to bed and got in at least another half hour before Josh woke up. He was definitely hungry. I fed him from a bottle and then he sat up and played with me for maybe another half hour. By 7 he was tired and so I put him back down in his crib. I layed back down... and then woke up to Josh crying - it was now 10:30 am!!!! I think we were both a bit tired.

Saturday we hung out with Mandy and her two little ones. That night we watched some TV and again went to bed early. This morning we went to Church. It was interesting being there without Jim. I carried him into church and opted not to bring in the carseat... and it ended up being a good idea. He was very content sitting on my lap and looking around at everyone and everything. He has definitely grown... he is babbling more and more and on a couple occasions, decided to yell - thankfully it was when everyone was singing so it was only noticed by those right around us. In a few weeks he will be baptised. I am looking forward to that. He will be much older than most of the babies we see getting baptised, but I think that might be better. Maybe he will be more alert... Who knows. :)

So this weekend I again attempted to get some video together and to post it on the blog. I can't even get it onto the computer. UGH! I even pulled out the instructions... Jim has been able to get it onto the computer finally. But I think our computer is lacking enough space to do the editing.

Well - have a good week everyone... Can you believe August is almost over???

5 comments:

Michelle said...

We had a very similar weekend -- lots of rain, naps, and cuddling. It was great!!

Love the pictures on your previous post -- especially the smiley one. Josh is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Same here! For Kristys birthday I took the boys Gavin and Brayden so she and Chad could have some time together and a weekend with out kids. Ok, babysitters nightmare, rain. Love the updates.

Kara said...

We too had some rain this weekend and it is slightly cold. I think I took naps off and on with the girls all day long...lol

Also, YAY for getting some great sleep. I can't believe you managed to pump 13 oz...you must have been full.

The Smith Family said...

Holey crap! 13 oz!!! I am so impressed! I am also so proud of you for sticking with the bf-ing and going back to work. It takes a lot of dedication and determination to do it! GO Dee! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Kirkwood family...
We check your site from time to time and Josh is so very cute! Congratulations! Sounds like things are going well for all of you! I can't believe he is 3 months old! And working and BFing! You go girl! It is my hope to do the same. We struggled with it in the begining, and at almost 6 weeks, she is starting to get her fill from me alone! Well, we just wanted to say Congrats, and Josh is adorable! Hope things continue to go well for your family!
XOXO Dave, Sarah and Ava Chilson