Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Need A Troubleshooting Guide...

So Josh seemed to get a lot better the week of his birthday, but still wasn't 100%. He had a rough time sleeping at night... Finally by Thursday of last week, I told Jim I was going to put him to bed at the first sign of him being cranky and see if that helps him sleep better... Fully expecting it to backfire on me and have him wide awake at 3 am.

So while eating dinner, about 6:30 pm, he decided to start throwing his food off his tray and just got mad... So I took of his tray, cleaned him up, and to bed he went. He cried for about 5 minutes but then finally gave up.

He slept until 6:45am the next morning!!!! It is amazing how wonderful Jim and I feel after a solid night of sleep! :)

So moral of the story... if your child wakes up with a few hours of going to sleep... try putting them to bed about 30-60 minutes earlier. Waking up only a few hours after going to bed signals an over tired child. I bought that darn - "solving your childs sleep problems" in November and still find myself forgeting some of the basic steps... like that one. Thank goodness I look back at it from time to time!

No comments: