Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Last days on the job...

The last two weeks at KC were definitely different from what I was used to. I spent a lot of time talking to people who wanted to know why I was leaving and what I was going to be doing next... Most of the people (~90%) were very supportive and wished me nothing but the best. However a few reminded me on just how small this area is. A few had talked to their contacts at this new company... and found out I was going to be the only female engineer there. So I had a few comments like, "do you think you can handle it?" or "it will be difficult without another girl around".
One of these comments came from someone who knows me pretty well and they said - "if anyone can handle them... you can. And if you run screaming - no gal will ever be good at that job. You went to Tech for cryin out loud!". I liked the sound of that! :)

If felt SO GREAT to be handing off stuff that I had been working on for the last 3 years... the difficult part of losing the ownership - that was only a little tough! I think I was mentally checked out a month or so ago. :)
My best friends whom I met at work there, they threw a happy hour on my second to last day. It was SPECTACULAR. So many people showed up for the shindig... We started around 3:30... and there was quite a few people until about 8pm... the remaining 10 people stayed until 10pm?? I am not sure - I wasn't ever looking at a clock. But all in all - SUCH a good time and it was so great to be able to say good-bye to all of the great people I had worked with. I will definitely miss the people!

The pictures - #1 is just a group of us... #2 is Mandy and Willa with Jim and Josh (smoke free restaurant/bar)... and #3 is one my coworkers who everyone calls "Farmboy" cause he is both a farmer and a boy. Ha ha. I think he might have had more fun at the happy hour than anyone else!

So - new job starts on June 9th... I have an entire week off between jobs. Looking forward to a short trip with my mom and sister to AZ... and the rest of the week at home.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

I've gotten the same sort of response from the co-workers I'll be leaving behind.

Yay that things are going well at the new job!

Jodie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.