Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Half Way There...

We are half-way through this pregnancy already! I can't believe it! This baby is a mover and shaker. Feeling good and getting big! :) I had a nice little girls night out last night. My friend Kristen took me out to the bead store. I was able to make a necklace and earings for my dress this weekend to a friends wedding. I surprisingly had a bit of creativity up my sleeve! It was so nice and relaxing and definitely nice to catch up with a good friend. Going out is just something you gotta do... once in a while. :)

Few good stories about Josh this week.

Story # 1: Bib
I usually give Josh a light breakfast in the morning while I pack up my lunch and get some breakfast myself. I was taking a sip from my water bottle and dripped all the way down my chin and of course right onto my protruding pregnant belly. I looked up as I wiped my chin and Josh - completely straight faced and almost annoyed - said, "Mama - Bib" and pointed to the cupboard we store his bibs in. I busted out laughing and thought, awesome, my 2 year old just told me I am a pig. :)

Story #2: Poop puck
We continue to struggle with him going # 2 in the potty. Last night Jim had tried to catch him in the act. As soon as he heard Josh get quiet, a good clue that he needs to go, he saw Josh swinging a drumstick like a hockey stick... and guess what... a poop puck. As soon as Jim scolded him, Josh dropped the drumstick and said clear as day, "Hilo" as he pointed at the poop puck. Seriously? He is 2 but already lying to cover up his naughty behavior. Although Jim was REALLY mad when he saw him do it... he couldn't stop laughing when he told me about it that night. Although it started rough... Jim patiently sat with him for 45 minutes until he finally did the business... and now he gets to go to the Jumpy Gym...

Being a parent is AWESOME.

1 comment:

AJ said...

Little boys are mischevious, that's for sure!!