Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Is it October already?

Finally my traveling has come to an end! YAY! I am so relieved. The trip to MTU brought back so many memories. And there are so many changes on campus from when I was there 6 years ago now, man alive I am getting old! The career fair was changed to 12pm-6pm which seemed to allow more students to attend, because we were busy all day. Some of the things students say to us is unbelievable. Career fair, interviews, it doesn't seem to matter. There is nothing like having them start off the conversation with, "I didn't like that job because of all the management, they were annoying." Wow, awesome. "I am just gifted, I was meant to be an engineer." And my final favorite, "What is it going to take for me to get you to hire me?". Maybe it was us being on our feet all day, but seriously. The last one was from a guy who did not know personal space. He kept getting closer and I kept taking a step back. I ended up on the side of our booth... Seriously.
The cold weather sure didn't wait to arrive either! We had to bring out the winter coats to go for a walk and to see the fire trucks at the city's Family Fun Day. The fire station down the street brings out all the trucks for the kids to climb on. They do demonstrations on how quickly they need to suit up and get their gear on. Josh didn't seem to scared to see the guy in the full mask, but I would bet it would be scary to see them if there were an actual fire and they were coming to save you. He got a little baseball size card of the different trucks as we walked around. They had a smoke simulation trailer that kids could learn how to navigate through, a bunch of booths for city reps, food, and activities. Josh got to dress up like a fire fighter, shoot a hose on a fake fire, and crawl through a tunnel to save a puppy. The firefighter helping him thought he did such a great job he let him get an "I did it!" ribbon. This is one of Josh's favorite sayings and it commonly used after going to the bathroom. So it was perfect.

Sunday... Josh and I woke up sick. Real sick. Josh had a fever of 102F and cough. I had a horrible cough and stuffed up nose. NOT FUN! So we had a very very lazy Sunday full of hot soup, hot water, and naps.




No comments: