Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ultrasound # 3 - 28 weeks

Today we had ultrasound # 3 to get a picture of baby's pallet. The appointment also involved the yummy glucose test where I had to drink a orange soda like beverage, get blood work, and hopefully find out that I don't have gestational diabetes. The office was a little more hectic than usual as many of the staff are out with the flu. We were able to get everything in though, blood work, urine test, flu shot, and ultrasound. Baby's heartbeat was 150bpm and baby was nestled head down already. Baby moved and moved! I was able to confirm the parts I was feeling poke on my right side were feet and the butt was what was poking out right in the middle! Baby kept putting his/her arm up in front of their face which made getting a picture very difficult. Eventually after rolling onto my side baby looked right at us and yawned really big! At the very end of the ultrasound I asked Jim, "Last chance, do you want to know the sex?"... his response, "NO!" 12 more weeks!

Weight gain has slowed down finally! I am right where I was at this time with Josh so even though I gained weight much faster this round, it is ending up about the same. Most of the comments from work are, "so when are you due" as in it must be tomorrow. When I tell them not for 3 more months... they usually follow up with so are you going to stop working soon? These poor millwrights... I am just waiting for one of them to give me an orange cart to drive around the plant! haha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet my new neice or nephew:) I'm happy you didn't find out the sex even though I know it is killing you!!! You should post the ultrasound pics.

Love ya - Shannon

Kara said...

I secretly wish you both would have changed your mind, but I am looking forward to the birth of your baby and can't wait to hear the sex :) Hope to see belly pics soon.

Michelle said...

That is neat that you guys are waiting to be surprised - it will be so great!

I gained weight quicker with Noah, too. I think our bodies just remember what it is like being pregnant and they start expanding right away. You look great -- don't worry about the weight stuff too much. You know you will take it all off afterwards :)