Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Boy Josh

So I have officially stopped working until this baby arrives. Which allowed me to spend some quality 1:1 time with my little man Josh. He has grown SO much in the last 2.5 years. It is crazy to look back on all the pictures and posts. (Which I have done numerous times in the last month thinking about this new little addition). So today we took it slow getting ready. We watched one extra cartoon before heading to daycare. After I got all my miscellaneous errands done, I went back to pick up Josh. We had a quick doctors appointment to get the flu booster and then we went for a "burger cheese, fries, and ice cream".

This is my weakness. When I am the one in charge of feeding him, I am very quick to give in and head to Tom's Drive-In... Josh loves it and it makes me feel like I ROCK... for a change. He is SUCH a DADDY's Boy. Yes. I am bribing my son. And I am perfectly okay with it. It is our thing. Although he asks where Dad is... I just say "work" and he lets it go.

So we sat down to enjoy or lunch and he was full of stories. He told me all about the jets and how they fly around. He reminded me of how he didn't cry with his shots and about the bandaid on his leg. With every bite he tells me how big he is growing and how he is just like "Jack". (My brother). I couldn't help but look at how much he's grown, we now have conversations, he no longer needs the booster seat or bib, sippy cup, or wetwipes. Although wetwipes still are nice for the dried ketchup on his face.

After literally 30 minutes of him munching, he has finished 80% of the cheeseburger, fries, and 50% of the shake. These are not kid size portions either. I was just watching in amazement. When he likes something, he goes to town. He finally says, "All done Mom".

So I decide to eat the few remaining stubs of french fries and as I put them in my mouth... Josh says loudly, "Ta-ta-ta-TODAY Junior!".

I busted out laughing so flippin hard! Apparently, it was time to go.

He overheard Jim and I saying this movie quote about a month ago and had mimicked it once. Apparently he understands the context too! AH!!!

It was a great way to spend a few hours just the two of us. And definitely memorable. I love that little kid more than anything! Can't wait to see him as a big brother!

2 comments:

Kara said...

You are on the home stretch and I am sending delivery vibes your way.

My kids are the same way when it comes to eating something they love. C will go to town on a McDonalds hamburger. She can eat 3/4 of it no problem...granted she won't eat the next meal...lol...but she loves it :)

Liz said...

What a sweet post!