Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lots of Help

We had a very short hospital stay since he was born late Tuesday night. Everything went well. I was poked for labs to monitor the pre-eclampsia and on magnesium sulfate until 24 hours after Everett was born (annoying IV's!). My blood pressure was dropping and blood work showed I was going the right direction. So we were released Thursday around noon. We had a few visitors at the hospital but overall just spent some time getting to know Everett. So far he was showing signs of being a pretty mellow baby, although it is still early!

Josh was enjoying his time with the grandparents, skating on the hockey rink in the back yard, and overall getting spoiled. He loved meeting Everett, "my baby sister" as he put it. We are working on getting him to say "Brother". He loved holding him and is a fantastic helper!

Jim's parents and g'ma Connie stayed at our house until Sunday to help out. They did a great job of keeping Joshua busy and entertained. I got lots of rest and Everett continued to do well. He is nursing about every 3 hours at the most. And he sleeps well between feedings at night which is also a plus!
I am doing much better this time around when compared to coming home with Josh. I definitely know that I had some post partum with Josh and am glad to know that is not the case right now with Everett, although I also know it could start up at anytime. I am convinced it is because I am such a planner and even though I thought I was prepared for Josh, I wasn't. I have definitely cried off and on for no reason, but it is definitely less this time around and I just plain old feel better. So crossing my fingers that it stays this way! :)

1 comment:

Android Apps said...

D- Your last two posts brought tears to my eyes... I can't wait to meet the new addition! I am so glad labor went well. Can't wait to hear the details! Love, Jim and Michelle