Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Waiting Continues

I was really looking forward to the next post announcing the arrival of baby #2, however that is not the case. This baby is loving the warmth of my belly and not wanting to come out! So for now I will just catch you up on the last couple weeks.

We had a relaxing week before New Years. Did a lot more organizing and cleaning after all our guests left from the holidays. We were toying with the idea of throwing our annual "family friendly" new years party thinking maybe that would entice baby... but decided not too. We took Josh swimming at the YMCA on New Years Eve day. I even got in the pool despite my suit not quite covering anymore. It felt AWESOME! My back cracked all the way up as soon as I got into the pool, which was something I wanted to happen for about 2 months now! I literally just sat there and stretched in the pool. Floating was so wonderful. After about 45 minutes Josh was done swimming. As soon as I got out of the pool the weight of baby made me realize exactly how full my bladder was... YIKES!

That night our friend Ryan stopped in with his girlfriend Nicole. We just hung out and caught up on life. It was very relaxing and uneventful! I was in bed by 11pm. New Year's Day my parents decided to make the trip out for the weekend, regardless if baby was born. Josh was SO excited for them to get here. He kept wanting to watch out the window, even though I knew it would be a few more hours until they arrived.

The weekend was full of lots of walking trips, which I had been doing since the last appointment. Since it has been so cold, this has meant daily trips to the mall. Hmm... And no, I am not leaving the purse in the car! Hurry up baby! The boys enjoyed their time out on the ice rink. Josh is very determined to skate but not use the chair like we all learned growing up. As soon as anyone takes that hockey stick out of his hand he starts crying and saying "Uncle Jack". ha ha! So Jim and my dad took turns bringing him around the rink. Eventually they were able to let go and he took a few steps on his own. Although he would freak out as soon as he realized it and fall. All in all it was a fantastic weekend and we really enjoyed our time.

No comments: