Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 1 Home...

This was the first week home with Everett and it was wonderful! :) Everett is sleeping great at night between feedings and is nursing every 3-4 hours. I get a solid 2 hours of sleep in between which is adding up to about 6 hours. Although it isn't my ideal 8-9 hours at night, I am loving it! He is holding his head up for a minute here and there and doesn't mind tummy time. He has been able to lift and turn his head to look at me but does eventually get mad and want to be picked up.

Joshua has been a fantastic big brother and it has been a lot of fun to watch him around Everett. He is very helpful when doing diaper changes and has even given up his favorite recliner/rocker in the family room to let Everett sit in it. During bath time Joshua is in charge of the sprayer but eventually he gives up because Everett is not too happy during bathtime.

My mom and sister arrived Sunday night and stayed through the week to help out. They did a lot of housework, cooking, and played with Josh. Each morning I would wake up with the boys and my sister would come down shortly after that. She would take over and send me back to bed... it was fanstastic! My mom and her spent hours putting together photo albums for Josh using the posts in my blog and the oodles of pictures we have on our computer. I am excited because I have been a serious slacker and haven't even started a baby book for Josh. I admit I was relying on the blog to eventually get me caught up on it, when I found time. But after talking to my mom about the photo books you can make online we looked into it and are going to see how it works out. I think it is worth a try and certainly faster than scrapbooking because I am SO anal! :)
We have made a few adventures throughout the week. Went to the mall to do some shopping, a few trips to the grocery store, and post office, and a trip to the doctors office. It is very important to know that it takes double the time to get out of the house with 2 kids! I have a feeling my hectic morning drop-offs will require me to get up around 5 am... will I ever find time to workout again?? I loved working out in the morning before work... I guess will just have to wait and see... :)

No comments: