Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

Ah Hee, Ah Hee, Ah Hee, Ah Whhooooo...

Yes. This weekend was Lamaze class. It also happened to be the nicest weekend yet this Spring so being in class from 9-3 each day was really difficult. All in all the class was helpful. I think I was most happy to learn about the numerous drug options... I haven't made a decision one way or the other... I am going to play it by ear for now. If I want drugs... they are there and I know which ones I would prefer to try.

I was a bit worried Sunday that I might be going into labor. I am not sure if it was all the practicing, but I was definitely having more "braxton hicks" than ever. For a good 3 hours they were happening pretty frequently - at least every 15-20 minutes. Then I had a very upset stomach... another thing they tell you to watch for - Flu like symptoms. But all is well. I can hardly believe we are almost there. This last month is going to go so quickly!

This week is my mother-in-law's B-day - Happy B-day Cindy! And it is also my dad's B-day. Happy Birthday Daddy-O!!! Wish I could head to Florida with you and the fam this weekend... a nice get a way - I would probably end up in the hospital with heat exhaustion! Seriously am glad the pregnancy is not going to carry on through the summer... I have no idea how people have August babies. I am seriously dying of heat all the time these days!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish I would have done the 2 day class. We did the 6 week one every Monday. By the 2nd week I had pretty much made up my mind that I wanted drugs :) Our lamaze lady was VERY pre-natural birth and did not even give us much discussion as far as drug options. I am glad that yours was more enlightening!

Keep us posted! I am glad to hear that you are still feeling good! I am so excited for you :)

Kara said...

When you are having lots of Braxton Hicks, increase your water in-take. I had them all through my pregnancy and it usually happened when I wasn't drinking enough fluids.

I am so happy that things are going so well for you!!

AJ said...

Okay, now that someone else has commented, I can admit to stalking too:)

I've had two September babies and I can attest...it's not fun!!

Good choice with the play it be ear. That's what I did both times, and I ended up taking the epidurral both times. But it ended up getting shut off both times too because I have a blood pressure reaction to it.

Here's my thoughts on the whole thing: it does hurt, but it's only one day, and afterwards, you don't even think about it. Everyone kept telling me that I wouldn't remember it, and I didn't beleive them, but they were right!

Good luck and Congrats!!!