Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Girls Weekend

This weekend my cousin Kristy came to visit. Jim was out of town for work through Sunday so it was nice to have someone coming to visit. She came on Friday night and we went out for dinner to a tasty Thai restaurant. After that we went home and played rummikub... both of our husbands are anti-board games so it was nice to be able to play one without any complaints!

Saturday Kristy went for a run while I took Hilo out for an early morning walk. It was SO nice outside. Then we went to the outlet mall to see what deals we could get on maternity/baby stuff. We stopped at motherhood maternity to check out nursing bras... ugh! I have avoided this at all cost up until this point. Kristy was quick to point out the good ones and within 45 minutes of leaving home I was buying 2 bras and a top. Nice. I am definitely not a shopper. We went around to a bunch of the other stores and found some really really cute baby clothes... I can't wait to find out what we are having!

After shopping we pampered ourselves with a pedicure then a movie... definitely don't recommend it. Friends with Money. It was fine to get us some rest after shopping, but really there wasn't a plot to follow at all. We went to a greek restaurant for dinner and it was fantastic! Thanks Kristy for leaving the soup behind by the way! We came back to watch another movie - one of my favorites - the Life of David Gale.

Sunday we got in some exercise right away in the morning then picked up Jim from the airport. After lunch Kristy took off and Jim and I found comfy spots on the couch to relax for the afternoon. After dinner I decided to go through the baby stuff and read up on the markers that were used to decorate all the onesies... Apparently the design needs to be ironed for 4 minutes before they can be washed... So I spent Sunday night watching TV and ironing onesies... Jim can't wait to tell our child, "Mom used to iron your onesies!". If the designs don't stay I am going to be so so disappointed! Because they are way too cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rummikub is one of the best games EVER!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time during our visit. It was nice to be in a quiet house!

Can't wait to meet the little one!