Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 27, 2007

The last 12 weeks...

My life has forever been changed for the better. I love being a mom and there just simply isn't any better way to put it. The entire last year has been so adventurous and we have been truly blessed to have such a healthy baby boy make us a family.

Sure, I am severly sleep deprived and my first year of marriage was a little stressful. But there were so many unbelievable moments the past year that I can't ever forget.
  • The day we found out I was pregnant
  • Telling our parents and family
  • The ultrasounds and hearing the heartbeat at each and every appointment
  • Each and every single kick
  • The anticipation in the hospital when it was just Jim and I. Trying to relax so we decided to watch super troopers. I was laughing so hard we had to turn it off because it hurt so bad to laugh on top of contractions.
  • The first time I saw Josh and saw that it was in fact a boy!
  • Holding him for the first time
  • Feeling so helpless and crying myself when he screamed for 15 minutes at each and every repeat of the newborn screening test
  • Jim going to work with his polo shirt on backwards. Not knowing it until a coworker pointed it out at 10 am. After a few meetings. Nice.
  • The first time he smiled at me
  • Cuddling - anytime we wanted to catch up on sleep
  • Breastfeeding - it is the one thing I can only do - and we get to just sit together - just the two of us.
  • Bath time
  • His endless babbling and cooing - when I basically just mimic every sound he makes which seems to make him extremely happy
  • Bed time when we read stories and say prayers

And finally - the funniest thing that has happened to me... yesterday I was trying my hardest to "practice" getting ready. I ended up waking up when Jim left which was 4:30 am. Josh got up at 5am to nurse and then went right back to sleep. Knowing that it was entirely too early to get ready and go to daycare - I decided to get in a workout. After Billy Blanks kicked my butt... I showered, had breakfast, and did some laundry. I was all ready except didn't put on my shirt because it was still drying in the laundry room. Josh woke up at is was now 7:30 to nurse again. I fed him, washed him down with a rag, got him dressed and put him in his carseat to go. I let Hilo out, packed up the remaining items for daycare into a grocery bag, and then put Hilo back in the kennel. I threw on the backpack, picked Josh up in the carseat, and grabbed the bag of stuff for daycare. I got Josh in the car and went to pull the backpack off... that is when I realized I had still not put on my shirt! Yes, I was just about to get into the car in just my bra and shorts. Thank goodness no one was around - as I had let Hilo out (never actually went outside) - and was just standing in the garage with just my bra on. SERIOUSLY!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I can't believe you forgot your shirt...lol At least you remembered your bra.

Also, I completely agree with you that being a mom is the best thing ever. Children are true blessings!!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry at work :( So sad that you have to go back, but I know Josh will love his new friends at daycare:) Love you - Shannon

The Jelenc Family said...

You made me cry at work too, but because I was laughing so hard at Jim wearing his polo backwards for several meetings (how embarassing!) and again when you didn't even remember to put it on at all! Soooo funny!