Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2007

We did it!!

On Saturday Josh and I finished a 5k Race with Mandy and Kristen. They were signed up and convinced me to run it with them earlier this week. The race officials said bringing Josh in the stroller was okay so I decided to try it out.

It was the second annual race so it was still on the small side. I would guess only 50 runners total. It was really fun though having so few people. There was plenty of room at the starting line and it was short enough that people didn't get too spread out. I pushed Josh in the stroller for the first solid mile and maybe a little more. Then Kristen took over at the perfect time (the hill). I pushed again for another mile and then handed the reigns to Kristen to finish up. I seriously thought I was going to puke!

We walked a bit during the race too, but not too much as we still finished in 34 minutes. That puts us at a little over a 10 minute mile pace - so with walking in there we were definitely running in the nine minute mile range. So that is cool. It was a beautiful day and Josh loved seeing all the trees and the bumps along the course.

That afternoon we took a solid 3 hour nap. It was wonderful. Then went to Mandy's house to hang out with her and Willa. Willa is so so big! And so darn cute. I can't wait to get some pictures on the blog of the two of them. They just laughed and smiled at eachother. It was quite cute. I wonder what they are saying to eachother???

Mandy and I had some drinks and sat in the hot tub... so nice and relaxing... while the babies slept. They both went down at 9:30 pm and then slept until 3 am. Then ate and slept until 6 am. Then woke up around 8 am. It was a very good night for Josh and an okay night for Willa. I think she just wanted to be up when her boyfriend was!

Today has been weird. I know I am forcing myself to not think about tomorrow. I haven't got anything together and know I should. Like getting my work clothes out of the rubbermaid bins in the closet, getting my laptop packed up, the breast pump together, packing a lunch, filling out Josh's daycare drop off sheet. Yeah, haven't even started any of them.

Just wish there was a few more days... I am just not ready.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Great job on the 5K. I am not sure I could do it yet and the girls are 10-months.

Good luck at your first day back. Don't worry about getting everything done....it is really amazing how natural it comes....getting ready, feeding the baby(s), etc.