Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Our First Family Vacation

We spent the July 4th week up at my parents cabin in northern MN. It was so relaxing and allowed Jim and I to catch up on sleep. It was so nice to not have a TV, chores, yard work, or remodeling projects looming over our head. We really got to just relax. This was also the most time Jim has been able to spend with Josh. And it was so cute to see the two of them. Josh immediately looks for Jim when he hears his voice. We are getting lots of smiles and laughs from Josh now.

My parents and my baby brother Jack (whose is almost 16) were up at the lake that week along with my cousins Daniel and Derek. My aunt Colleen and uncle Jim (that is them in the picture) were at their place that weekend with their family too.
We went out on the boat, watched fireworks, swam in the lake, and had a few bonfires. Jim and I had a few little getaways too. We went to Rafferty's in Nisswa with my cousin Lisa and her hubby Scott. Just like our last trip to Nisswa, we spent 4 hours sitting on the deck just telling stories, drinking some beer, and eating some pizza. We of course followed this up with the mandatory stroll through the shops. This only takes us 15 minutes, but we have to do it.

Jim and I took a boat ride around the lake just the two of us one night. Nana and Pappy (my parents) watched Josh and had a good time doing so. They experienced a blowout and had to give him a bath. Glad we were on the boat! :)
Mr Hilo also had some fun at the lake. My cousin Matt and his wife Shannon brought their puppy Gunter along. Gunter is 4 months old and is from the same mom and dad as Hilo - just a different litter. So it was really cute to seem them play together. They are so so similar it is scary!
Thursday we drove back to my parents house in the cities to stay for the weekend. We were able to meet up with some of my high school friends for dinner one night. I can't believe we graduated high school, graduated college, got married, and now have a baby... the last 9 years have definitely been life changing!
The last picture in this post is a teddy bear Joshua got from our family friends John and June. He seriously was laughing at first... just don't have proof!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

He is SO CUTE! Isn't it fun when they start to smile and laugh and get their own personality? Glad to hear you had a nice holiday!

jessrings said...

That's so awesome! I missed you guys a lot. I really wished I could have been there!!! I'm glad you were able to get some good relaxation in. I don't know how cabins and lakes do it but it does it. And fam too. Hopefully I'll get to see you soon and meet Josh!