Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Last week home...

This was my last week home with Joshua. Monday I return to work. It has been a fantastic week. Josh has been so much more awake and alert to the things around him. He continues to smile more and more. We have been really working on tummy time this week. I did well with it at the beginning but then he started going to sleep right away. Which defeats the purpose. And if he doesn't go to sleep, he screams as soon as you lay him down. Last week I started really pushing it and could get him on his tummy for about 3-5 minutes before the meltdown. This week we are easily at 10-15 minutes at least 2 times a day. It has been a lot of work and discipline on my end, but it is working. We need to constantly change it up to keep him occupied so I get everything ready before even placing him near the floor (blanket, toys, a kiddie tv program, and the bumbo for when he is done).

Once tummy time is over he gets to move to his second favorite position - sitting in the bumbo or with me. He has been sitting up now (with a little help) since he was 9 weeks old. His neck has been really strong since he was super little - had very little of the bobble head time. And his legs too. Which just confirms all the kicking off the ribs when he was in my tummy. After he gets tired of sitting - his head starts to drop lower and lower - we move to his favorite position. Standing. He LOVES it. It is the same reaction when he goes into the tub. He stiffens up his entire body with his arms at his side and gets this really excited look on his face. And we constantly say - what a strong little man you are standing up already - which seems to get a few huge grins and babble.

He is GROWING UP so FAST! Thank goodness for cameras and videocameras. We can always go back to see how he has changed.

I am going to miss being with him all day long, especially the mornings. Because his smile always seems the brightest then. I have been trying not to think too much about the week ahead - to avoid crying first of all but then to just be happy and enjoy the limited time I have left. I secretly wish he changes his fussy time from the early evenings to the daytime - so daycare can deal with it and I get the fun happy Josh. I will take him crabby or happy though. He is my little man!

No comments: