Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 19, 2007

So Big!

So the time is flying by... only one more full week off before I return to work. It is going to be so so so hard to go back to work. Joshua is getting so animated now and fun to play with. I know it is only going to get better and better... I just hope he changes his fussy time from the evenings to sometime in the day... so daycare can deal with it and we get the fun Josh! Wishful thinking I know.

This week Joshua has continued to do long stretches at night. Although not 7 hours, 5 still is nice for me. And the daytime is more regular now... He definitely likes solid naps. Not sleeping as we go from place to place... solid - laying in one spot for hours type naps. Yesterday he just kept whimpering after he was fed and changed. I finally decided to try laying him down up in his crib. I laid him down, swaddled him, while he whimpered the entire time. Finally I put the pacifier in and he sighed, closed his eyes and went to sleep. I didn't even leave the crib yet! He slept solid for 3.5 hours. I found myself rushing to get in a workout and shower, only to find I had another 2.5 hours! And today - it has been the same. A nap in the morning and a nap in the afternoon.

Today we went to daycare to drop off all of his stuff. We brought a blanket and crib sheet for nap time, bottles, pacifiers, diapers, wipes, 2 changes of clothes, and a sun hat for walks. We spent an hour in the nursery with his teacher. I think he will like daycare. It is definitely going to be tougher on me than him that first week!
So this is my new favorite outfit. Thanks Ashley again for the soccer outfit! (Jack I am sure you will show her this picture!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love how Hilo is laying in that first picture.

Are Josh's swim trunks still way too big?

The Jelenc Family said...

Wow, has that time gone fast (I'm sure even more so for you!). I won't say it was easy when I went back to work but I promise you that it eventually gets easier and then becomes normal again.

Kara said...

Love the picture of you two. I think I cried for the first few days when I left the twins, but I went there on my lunch to see them. And now...they still love it there. It does get easier. Wish you had more time off to enjoy Joshua :)

Melissa said...

Justin has that outfit in blue - I just LOVE the material of the shirt...so nice for hot days!