Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gift Registries

Today I decided to go and return some of the duplicate items I had received from the baby showers. Unfortunately, I found out the return policies at both Babies 'R' Us and Target were not the friendliest. For Babies 'R' Us, a receipt is needed in order to return it, whether it was on your registry or not. They won't even exchange it for a different color, for example I received 2 of the exact same blankets, they wouldn't let me trade one for another of the same blanket in a different color. Even for in store credit... no returns! And then Target, they now have you print off what is called the "Purchased" Registry list. So anything that was scanned off your registry prints off, and you can return that. Otherwise, again a receipt is required. So their policy is a bit better, however if the registry didn't keep up, you were stuck with it. For example, for the 0-3 month (5 pack) onesies, I received 5 packs (which is equal to 25 onesies in that size). Only 2 packs were shown as purchased, so that is all I could return, 2 of the 5 packs of 0-3 onesies. Unless of course I had a receipt, which I did receive many of them... but matching up the exact codes was definitely a daunting task!

I left both stores with about half the items I brought in to return and was definitely frustrated! So advice for those friends and family members either thinking about getting a registry together or buying a gift off the registry... USE CAUTION. If the item you are buying is on the registry - make sure you get it crossed off. And besure to attach the gift receipt to the gift. It is all to common for people to be shopping at the same time... and pick up the same registry items.

No comments: