Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Practice makes Perfect...

Saturday I went down to Oshkosh to help Mandy with her first day home alone with a 2 year old, a newborn, and a dog. Jim left for Madison to hang out with Mark, Tara, and Josh. And Hilo went with our friend Chris to hang out with cows on his friend Andy's farm.

Hanging out with Mandy, Eric (2yr old), and Willa (2 week old) was pretty darn fun. But I had a lot to learn. I told Mandy I was in charge of diapering all day for Willa so I could get better at it. I was doing pretty well until she decided to poop and pee as I was changing her. I had to keep scooting her further and further up the changing pad (thankfully we had a cloth down to catch the mess) as she did this 3 times after I had pulled the dirty diaper off. This had been my first ever encounter with this. Thank you Willa for the experience. Eric is getting some new teeth so he was running a bit of a fever and of course only wanted mom. So I was able to get Willa dressed. Another learning experience. They are so tiny and don't really help you get their arms into those tiny sleeves! And the last lesson was on bath time. Never had done that so Mandy showed me how along with how to swaddle. Definitely will need a refresher!

Jim had a good time in Madison - at least from the phone calls and text messages I got throughout the day and night. He is on his way home now. And I am sure he will be very eager to work on that first floor bath!

Hilo had a blast on the farm I am told. He really liked the fresh cow milk and apparently their food. He spent a lot of time barking and trying to play with the big cows who didn't seem to acknowledge his presence, but the calves gave him some attention. Chris dropped him off at about 6 pm and he was out until about 8 this morning. Nice!

On a side note - belly hadn't gone past 39 inches for the last couple of weeks... I measured on Friday because I was feeling particularly bigger... and I am now at 41! So 2 inches in a week. Nice - we'll have to get a new belly pic up on the blog soon!

1 comment:

jessrings said...

You were like such a big help to me when you came down to visit and we watched Quin and he would NOT STOP crying..but you had the magic touch. I learned a lot that day!! So I think you're ready...and hopefully I will be when my day comes =)!! I'll definitely need a swaddler refresher.