Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Willa Jean has Arrived!

Today my girlfriend Mandy was finally admitted into the hospital and stayed! It has been a long week of contractions for her... and then a few hours in between with nothing. But today at 2 am her water broke and she was off to the hospital. Mandy was nice enough to let me hang out so I took the day off of work to learn a few things. It was quite surreal being there, and thinking this is going to be me in 2 months. YIKES! I was there for the "waiting period" and was able to see the Mandy without drugs and the Mandy with drugs... surprisingly she was making it look like a cake walk. Thankfully though, I needed to be at work to catch a meeting when things really started happening. The epidural was wearing off... and contractions were significantly stronger than ever... But alas... she is here! And a tiny little thing with some lungs! The picture somewhat shows how tiny she is compared to Jim's hands. I really am not sure how Jim will be able to snap those little buttons on the onesies or fasten the newborn size diapers... My mother in law seems to think a small baby is out of the picture... I am not there yet...

Here are the stats:

Willa Jean Simon
March 6, 2007 @ 4:30 pm
6 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches

No comments: