Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Diaper Rash...

So while my mom was here we tried to let Joshua air out a bit each day... She would place him on his back on the couch and then try to cover for any waterfountains by holding a diaper above him. At one point I took over diaper holding responsibility and of course that is when he decided to let it go... and of course I didn't have the diaper over him to catch it all. So this week I came up with a new plan. I took one of the cloth diapers I had as a burp cloth - folded it up as much as I could and placed him on his belly - with the cloth diaper positioned appropriately underneath him. It worked! He loves to lay there on his tummy with the sun coming in and him airing out!

And if he is "extremely" tired... the best way to get him to sleep is by putting something over his eyes. It happened on accident... but he immediately stopped crying and went to sleep. So I didn't touch the blanket! I have done this now on several occasions and it never seems to fail...




5 comments:

AJ said...

He is so sweet! Great weight gain!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love how his hands are folded in the pic....how adorable! He is growing so quick. I cannot wait to see him this weekend:) Love - Shannon

Kara said...

I love the picture of him on the couch.....so precious!!

Anonymous said...

I want the picture on the couch, love Nana and Pappy Walsh

AJ said...

I just remembered this and thought I'd share it with you: Burt's Bees Baby Diaper Cream is the best diaper rash healer that I found. My daughter had it quite often when she was a baby and the Burt's Bees stuff always cleared it up when even the really expensive stuff wouldn't. Aquaphor is also great for rashes and other things. It's a super thick vaseline and it helps things heal quickly!