Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Found my THUMB!!

Joshua has constantly tried to find his thumb and I have even attempted to help him get it in there without any luck. Today - I was again airing out the diaper rash and had him on his belly... He was a bit upset and searching for something...

Finally - he found it... his Thumb. I have never seen him so happy - wonkey eye and all! If my cousin Lisa is reading this - I have been waiting to catch his wonkey eye just for you... :)

Today was also the first time I went to "Mommy and Me" class at the hospital. It is a class that is hosted by nurses at the hospital to let mom's come with their little ones and hang out for an hour. They have speakers on various topics and then there is plenty of time for just talking between moms. It was so nice to go today. My friend Jamie was there with Ella and then there were probably 15 other moms of newborns.

We are able to weigh the babies during the class and of course I had to know how much my chunky monkey has gained. Drum roll please... 9 lbs 7 ounces! So at 3 weeks and 6 days old, he is up 2 lbs 5 ounces! He is starting to fill out in his arms and legs... I can't wait to have the "Michelin man" arms. :)

As for the rest of the "Mommy and Me" class, the discussion was primarily on breastfeeding. Which made me happy to know I am not the only one who is clueless on how long the pumped milk will last... in a freezer, on the counter, etc. Along with oodles of other questions around diapers, sleeping, and fussyness. It was nice to just talk to other moms.

We joked about how all of our husbands have been literally bombarded at night when they come home because we have not talked to anyone all day long. So this "Mom and Me" class is really going to help them too! ha ha!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I love thumb sucking babies!!! Both my girls suck their thumbs and it is nice to have them soothe themselves.

What are you using on the diaper rash? I found that aveeno diaper rash works great. I will switch between aveeno and butt paste. Usually it clears up within a couple days. Also, a bit of baby pwd works great to soak up the moisture.

AJ said...

Thumb sucking is wonderful. My son gave up his pacifier before he turned 3 months old because he loves his thumb! It's so nice because it's instant soothing.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I need these pics!!! That is so adorable:) - Shannon

The Jelenc Family said...

I just got fully caught up on your blog. I love all the pictures. In a couple of months here I think Joshua is going to surpass Ariana in weight!! Only 12 pounds to go :) It was great hearing from you the other day. Feel free to call at any time!!

Anonymous said...

He is just so cute - seriously, the thumb sucking is adorable! I can't wait to see him and squeeze him!!! - Emily