Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Fantastic Mother's Day

This weekend was FULL of surprises. Saturday after we went to the doctors office, Jim and I returned home. I was feeling wiped and not ready to head to our friends house for the annual party. Jim was understanding and said - take your time. I was kinda surprised - but thankful. I took a bath... showered... laid down for a bit... then finally went back into the nursery and Jim was still sitting there. While Joshua nursed Jim patiently sat there - all the while I am thinking I can't believe he isn't wanting to rush off to the party. Finally he got this big grin on his face as I heard a car door slam. I heard my mom talking to whomever it was and Jim said - and here is your surprise. So I waited - naming off as many people as I could... never ever would have guessed my best friend Blair was about to walk in. She flew to MN for the weekend and then made the 4 hour drive to come visit for a day. I of course burst into tears.

So we dropped Jim off at the party and Blair, Joshua, my mom, and I took off for the mall to do some shopping. It was SO nice to get out. I ran into 2 coworkers - which was fun to show him off. We only hit up Babies R Us and Target. But that was enough. I was wiped after that.

I picked up Jim around 7pm from the party and on the way home he kept asking how I was feeling because he had one more surprise for me. I was like- I am exhausted - I really don't want to go out tonight. He didn't say anything. Just kept asking how tired I really was. We got back home and he started making dinner. My mom and Blair both went upstairs to change into comfy clothes and I stood in the kitchen talking to Jimbo. All of a sudden the garage door opened - and in walks my brothers Joe and Jack and dad! Again - crying. They made the trip also - just to visit for the night. My mom and I had no idea! Such a great Mother's Day surprise. And finally my brother's got to see Joshua!

This morning we had baby Willa's baptism, I am Willa's sponsor. It was fun to get dressed up and again show off Joshua. He peacefully slept in his carseat the entire time. Don't wake a sleeping baby! EVER!

We came home just in time to see my dad and brother's off. Such a short visit - but so nice to see them just the same. This afternoon we crashed. My mom is staying for one more week! It wasn't too hard to convince her. :)

This last picture I had to put on here cause we laughed so dang hard. We got this really cute hat and blanket from the Kenny's and the hat is definitely too big - but we wanted to try it on anyway... hope you laugh too! Poor Joshua!





5 comments:

Melissa said...

Dee he is absolutely adorable. He looks so precious in your pictures! I like the ones of your brothers holding him. That was a highlight for me was seeing my family hold Justin for the first time.

AJ said...

He is so cute!

Being induced is hard, glad to hear it went fast. And glad to hear your mom is with you. I know that I was soooo thankful to have my mom come stay and help out.

Sounds like you guys are doing great. Keep the pictures coming:)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good work on the blog, love to see the pics. Glad your weekend of surprises went well and can't wait to see you all soon:)

Love, Shannon

Kara said...

Great family picture and what wonderful friends and family you have. I cried just reading about it. I think I am way more emotional after having kids.

Congratulations!!

The Smith Family said...

I am so excited and happy for you and Jim. Ava can't wait to meet Joshua. I can't wait to hear your birth story. :) Miss you!