Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Nanna and Pappy Visit one last time!

My mom (Nanna is her new name) has been staying with us since Josh was born 2 weeks ago. We have really enjoyed her company and appreciated all the help. She has cleaned, cooked, taken Hilo for walks, and of course helped take care of Joshua. I have especially enjoyed the solid naps I get during the day and the company on shopping trips. It has been fun to have my mom around help me be a better mom. We both seemed to learn a lot about newborns... some things have changed since I was a baby - like how to take care of the umbilical cord and circumcision. But the basics of how to soothe an unhappy baby or how to get rid of diaper rash haven't! :)

All in all it was so nice to have her here and we are all going to miss her. Good thing she is just a phone call away! And thanks to my dad and brothers (Joe and Jack) who gave up my mom for 2 weeks. I know that it was difficult having to cook dinner every night... but you survived! ha ha!

And to my dad (Pappy) who drove out each weekend she was here. It has been nice to see you too! Can't wait to visit up at the lake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Hilo likes his new cuddle pal!